Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,826   Online: 783

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Definitely ask the photo manager. My local walmart does "develop only" with a picture cd for $3. The manager is a retired "pro" photographer who is well known in the community.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    "Believe it or not, the vast majority of Costco's revenue comes from their Photo dept."

Really? Then It's amazing they're still in business!
    Have you seen how huge Costco's photo dept. is? Their volume is insane.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I recently asked the photo manager at my local Costco what their volume is and he said they were doing about 30-35 rolls a day.

Shooter
    35mm
    Try home developing - as long as you follow the directions, and use a cheap styrofoam coolerand carefully adjust your tap water to the correct temp, it is super easy. Just got done developing 3 rolls of slide film - supposedly the most difficult of the 3 film types. Negative film, C-41 is similar, so it should be no problem.
    I got into this earlier in the summer, and regret I put it off so long, due to mythic claims on the net that it was too hard to do at home. Its easy, super easy! And results are better than you will get from a pro lab. I suspect the claims of difficulty come from people who dont follow directions, and/or are not patient to get their water temp to the specified temp before beginning.
    Anyways, all you need is a Styrofoam cooler, 7 1 liter pop bottles, and a digital cooking thermometer. Plus a Paterson developing tank, abouy 40 bucks. Get one that can do 3-4 rolls at once, to save time.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    ctsundevil

I recently asked the photo manager at my local Costco what their volume is and he said they were doing about 30-35 rolls a day.
    The photo-worker at the Costco in Carmel Mountain Ranch (San Diego, Calif) said they're doing about 20 rolls/day and that that's not enough to keep up the chemistry. He added that the developer is intended for 150 rolls/day. So I can see the end of film-development coming soon at Costco. Prepare for mail-order or DIY (develop it yourself).

Mark Overton

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin