Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,582,045   Online: 754

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cs_foto View Post
    Hi, this seems to be just a 'wrong' white balance setting on the scan...

A very easy and quick grey point balance in photoshop gave me this -attachment-:

What about the rest of the roll? how is it?
    Rest of roll is also bad. It is not scanner problem for sure, tested on another scanner also.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This color sort of looks like Jose Villa's wedding photography colors- I know he over exposes in camera 1-2 stops. Might that be the case?

Shooter
    35mm
    If you wish, you can post a strip of negs to me and I'll optically print them next to a strip of 400H that I know is fine. Drop me a pm if interested.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ehegwer View Post
    This color sort of looks like Jose Villa's wedding photography colors- I know he over exposes in camera 1-2 stops. Might that be the case?
    I don't think so. He was using auto DX coding, canon EOS 1V, matrix metering.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Negative snap
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pro400.JPG  

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm not sure if this helps or not, but I placed a neg strip on my monitor next to the above scan and the colour of the rebate is very close.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    I have read something in the past about a "leuco cyan" problem. It occurs in color negatives processed with bad chemistry and it has not to do with the film; the dye that should come out cyan comes out colorless instead.

Having no cyan in your negatives, it makes sense that you don't have any red in the prints.
    Try searching for this leuco cyan thing. It is said that it is possible to correct, in case you have important negatives.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is not leuco cyan dye.

I suggest placing a known good film and the bad film side by side in the scanner and scanning them in. Then post the scan so that we can see the color of the two outside the frams and the color of the edge markings.

PE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin