Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,775   Online: 839

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Problem with Fuji pro 400H

Hi,

my friend just got film from a lab - and results are very bad (no red color at all in fuji film). Please take a look in attached photos. We are wondering is this lab error during developing, or maybe something else? Anybody had bad experience with Fuji pro 400H?

thanks,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fuji Pro 400H.jpg   mobile phone - real color.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fuji 400H works fine. Are you sure it is the film/processing that was the problem? Could it just be the scans? Are those lab scans or home scans?
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by hpulley View Post
    Fuji 400H works fine. Are you sure it is the film/processing that was the problem? Could it just be the scans? Are those lab scans or home scans?
    Home scans (canonscan 8800F), but many other films are scanned recently on this scanner and they are ok. We will try to scan on another scanner - just to be sure.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by darkosaric View Post
    Home scans (canonscan 8800F), but many other films are scanned recently on this scanner and they are ok. We will try to scan on another scanner - just to be sure.
    I use a CanoScan 9000F myself.

Could be the lab then. I started home C-41 processing last year because the lab results got really bad. They get so few rolls of film now that their results are not that good anymore.

400H is recent film. I shot some expired 400NPH recently and it was fine too so I really doubt it was the film unless you stored it somewhere really warm. Where was it stored?
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by hpulley View Post
    unless you stored it somewhere really warm. Where was it stored?
    Well, I just ask him: film was stored on 25-30 Celsius for 3 months (hot south of Croatia)! Usually he was using fuji superia 200 and he never had problems with this temperature - but pro emulsions are more sensitive to heat I think...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by darkosaric View Post
    but pro emulsions are more sensitive to heat I think...
    I shoot slide film, E100VS, Velvia, Provia 400X (which are all pro films), and both of them are stored sometimes for > 1 year at room temperature (which can be >30°C in summer). Never have I seen such a color shift in any of them ...
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Low volume at C-41 labs kills quality as chemistry goes off. It's a common problem now. I'd vote for trying another lab that's busier than this one.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    Low volume at C-41 labs kills quality as chemistry goes off. It's a common problem now. I'd vote for trying another lab that's busier than this one.
    My guess, too...looks like a lab issue of some kind. Fuji films are all top quality, and, while it's not ideal to keep a faster Pro version at a higher room temperature for a long time, I really don't think the storage time and temperature which you mention it would produce any significant changes in the result.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would try re-scanning one or two of the shots before deciding - just in case it is a temporary problem with the scanner or software.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format

white balance

Hi, this seems to be just a 'wrong' white balance setting on the scan...

A very easy and quick grey point balance in photoshop gave me this -attachment-:

What about the rest of the roll? how is it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wbFuji Pro 400H-1.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin