Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,443   Online: 854

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Fuji Hunt Xpress RA4 versus Tetenal Colortec RA4

I've used Tetenal Colortec RA4 kits in the past for colour printing on Fuji Crystal Archive paper with mixed results. The initial prints seem good enough but soon a slightly yellowish cast develops and a brown stain occurs on the edge of the print where I attach the clip (I'm using a Nova slot processor). So I thought I would experiment and try the Fuji Hunt kit. In comparison, I have to say that I much prefer the Fuji kit. The colours are bright and crisp, the prints have plenty of sparkle and I've not had any problems with staining - the print borders are a brilliant white. I've also noticed that the Fuji blix is much less viscous (perhaps this is due in part to processing at 35C rather than 20C for Tetenal) - it washed off the paper very quickly. I don't use a stop bath (I asked about this in another thread). The Fuji instructions do not say to use one for 'tray' (or slot) processing. It's very quick to do a print - 45s for dev and 45s for blix. The other thing I've found is that I could never really get a bright 'Post Office' red with the Tetenal whereas I can with the Fuji.

Here are a couple of examples. The first is shot on Fuji Pro 160C in late afternoon light and the second is on Kodak Portra 160 in midday sun. I can't really tell the difference between the two films.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails scan0004.jpg   scan0003.jpg  

hka
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I agree with your findings about Xpress.
    harry

Release, the best you can do...

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Edward, Why dont you try and experiment, and after mixing new chems try a water rinse after dev
    at the same temp as your chems.Then allso try a water pre soak before starting the dev.
    Good luck , John

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin