Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,118   Online: 879

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ah I see reala on the b&h site in 120 size. That is the ticket.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel1972 View Post
    So I guess, you're talking about reflective metering here, adding 1.5 stops. Is incident metering a bad idea when shooting bright sunlighted snow landscapes? Does it give too much over exposure to the snow?

Incident metering can be used, but I would be favouring spot metering iin contrasty light. With incident metering, white will be white and black will be black, but does not take into account variations in luminance of the scene. I have never added anything additional above or below the meter reading for a snow scene in bright daylight. Evaluative meters are modelled on the Zone System and do work well, but they are not foolproof, hence I would angle for separate metering and analysis of the scene.
    Last edited by Poisson Du Jour; 10-31-2011 at 03:43 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Expansion
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I never used incident metering so I will have a go. I have a Minolta IVF meter with 5 deg viewfinder but now I have to find where I placed that dome thingy ...
    We don't get snow in Sydney but have plenty of white sandy beaches. Good substitude I guess.

@Keithwms - Reala is my fav too and I have a few in the freezer. I also like Pro 160S particularly suited to Aust outback scenes but I know this is not for my trip.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin