Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,997   Posts: 1,524,301   Online: 835

Shooter
    35mm Pan

what would cause home dev'd slides to come out red/brown and without color

i use the arista rapid e6 3 bath kit. yesterday i developed three rolls of slides and they came out perfect. today i just developed a roll of EPP 120 and the roll came out with almost no color whatsoever. it's entirely tinted a deep red/brownish color. even the film base. i checked the troubleshooting section in the instructions and i guess? the closest problem is "slides off-color". but they're not really off color, theres no color at all. anyway according to the sheet it says i may have used a wrong time/temp combination for the color dev, or that the color dev is contaminated, or that the wash after the color dev was poor. which of these might manifest themselves as my problem? i can perhaps post a scan tomorrow, the slides are drying right now.

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    hm no ideas? i can ask on photo.net

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Same thing happened to me. I was using expired film that expired in 1997 and the Tetenal 3 bath kit that had been sitting, mixed, for 5 months.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails negs 005.jpg  

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    The texture is the projector screen I laid the slide on the photograph it.

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    hm! i too was using expired film, but the bath was mixed the day before.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Was the other batch expired film? The one that worked well.

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    yes, it was. a roll of kodak extra color chrome in 35mm and a roll of dynachrome (elite chrom 400) from 2002 or 2003? they both came out fine..slight color shift from the age but nothing like the roll of EPP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Could you have loaded it backwards. I had a sheet of 4x5 come back from the lab red one time, theory was, it was loaded backwards.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin