Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,661   Posts: 1,481,611   Online: 897

Shooter
    35mm RF

Portra 4x5 Color Issues

Hello,

I just got back some 4x5 Portra I shot and had developed at a local place and it looks god awful. On some of the images there is color shifts throughout the sky that are localized. There are obvious lines at the edge of the image and I do not know if this is due to my holder leaking, or if it is due to the processing of the film. The location and nature of the problem leads me to believe it was the processor. Here is a sample image. What do you think? The image is not really corrected or dusted, but the local shifts are visible.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Portra 400, Wallys  (Small)3.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I can't see anything by the picture except that it appears to be slightly cold for the appearance of the shadow from the sign.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Have you looked at the negative itself?

Looks underexposed to me.

Shooter
    Large Format
    The inconsistency in the sky, higher density on the edge, slight color shift etc. are all indications of processing errors. But then again, you're photographing a clean, blue sky and most labs will have trouble with that in sheet film sizes. It looks to have plenty of exposure in the shadows. An inherently contrasty scene...did you ask for minus development by any chance?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I had it processed normally only. I recognize a few light leaks
    On other negatives which I have never had before in these holders but are where a film holder light leak would be, maybe because it was color? Im not sure. But I thought the inconsistency was due to processing. I would like a refund on it because it's pretty much useless, so I will ask about it, thanks.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Can't tell much from the small image but it just looks like a poorly color-balanced shot. I hope you get it all figured out though
    Vincent Purcell
    Lexington KY Photographer + Media Artist
    http://vincenttpurcell.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikanon View Post
    I recognize a few light leaks
    On other negatives which I have never had before in these holders but are where a film holder light leak would be, maybe because it was color? Im not sure. .
    I think I'm following you but, then again, maybe I'm not... I don't see anything that looks like holder leak in your posted example.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin