Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,555   Online: 1057

Shooter
    35mm

Brownish negatives (new Kodak Ektar 100)

Developed some Kodak Ektar recently with near-end of capacity Unicolor C-41 chemistry. Maybe the 10th roll or so on a kit rated for 8 rolls. The negatives look "ok" but are somewhat less saturated (when scanned at least) than normal. They also look brown instead of orange. I read that this is due to improper blixing so I redid it - same result, no change. I am wondering if the chemicals are indeed bad or if the advice to reblix was in error. It may be that the developer was a bit over temp -maybe 104 degrees F instead of the required 102. Would that cause a brown, desaturated result?
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Probably exhausted blix. But then, blix is not a good idea for film anyhow.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    could probably bleach/fix yet again after getting fresh chemicals, I'd think...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin