Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,524   Posts: 1,543,874   Online: 926

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

light reversal of E-6 film

Just curious.Would it be possible to reverse E-6 film using light rather than using chemical methods.Or does the film have to retain reversal bath and have it carried over into the colour developer for the process to continue.?

Thanks,

Doug

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    There's a reason the Paterson reels are white.

Some reversal processes use re-exposure to light.

mts
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Re-exposure works just fine. When using SS Nikkor reels I run through a rinse and then hold the reel a foot or so in front of a 150W outdoor flood light mounted above the darkroom sink. I rotate the reel in my hand for about 1 minute on each of the two sides, then return to the rinse and complete processing. Obviously, after the first developer and first stop bath all remaining processing is carried out in the light. Working with a lifting rod in the Nikkor tank makes it easy to confirm that the remaining processing completes as expected. Time/temperature is important for the color developer but the bleach, fix, and rinses can be done at nominal temperature.
    By denying the facts, any paradox can be sustained--Galileo

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The question is: "Why bother?" as reversal bath is not an expensive chemical.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin