Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,968   Posts: 1,523,410   Online: 1115

Shooter
    Medium Format

E-6 Chemistry in Canada?

Does anyone know where I can purchase E-6 chemicals in Canada? If its local, anywhere near Toronto would work for me. Otherwise, are there any online sources? I've been having a seriously hard time finding any and all the usual suspects are not willing to ship to Canada

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You can get them through Beau Photo in Vancouver - speak to Dennis Ha: http://www.beauphoto.com/frames/beaufrm.html

They can get you what you want, but may or may not be able to help you decide what you need.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hazmat across the border is for large shipments only. Did you look at this thread?

What qty's are you looking for, as Kodak discontinued the small "home" kit?

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/9...-get-them.html
    Bob

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Try Nymoc Chemical. 24 McGee St. TO 416-465-1929.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Beau Photo in Vancouver now carries the Freestyle "Arista" E6 (and C41) 3 bath kits.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is great news. You wouldn't happen to know their prices would you?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by happyjam64 View Post
    This is great news. You wouldn't happen to know their prices would you?
    No, but I'd suggest calling Arseni - he appears to have taken over the film and darkroom department there.

His number is 604-734-7771.

He indicated he would be happy to respond to email requests for information through film@beauphoto.com (I like that email address ).

My sense is that they are putting some real energy into expanding their efforts in film and darkroom.

Arseni confirmed as well that they do supply larger quantities of chemistry to schools (Emily Carr??) and other institutions, so they can probably help anyone interested in C41, E6 or RA4, as long as the customers are willing to accept the delays and shipping costs that they experience with their suppliers.

And for Sean, I suggested that it would be a very good idea to advertise on APUG.

By the way, Arseni seems quite young, and he indicates that he shoots film almost exclusively.
    Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    My sense is that they are putting some real energy into expanding their efforts in film and darkroom.

Arseni confirmed as well that they do supply larger quantities of chemistry to schools (Emily Carr??) and other institutions, so they can probably help anyone interested in C41, E6 or RA4, as long as the customers are willing to accept the delays and shipping costs that they experience with their suppliers.
    You know, I never really realized they're putting more effort into their analogue stuff till you pointed that out. It makes sense really, they carry some pretty off beat films and chems, and not to mention they just partnered with the impossible project. This is fantastic! Now if only they were open on weekends...

Yeah, Emily Carr is probably the only school left doing E6 and C41. Langara gave up long ago, but I'm doing my best to bring it back! Going to The Lab or Custom Color is just so inconvenient for me.

I don't think I've met Arseni before, I'll definitely give him a shout and see what's what. Thanks for all the info.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin