Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,954   Online: 796

Shooter
    35mm

Magenta cast with elitechrome?

Recent roll of Elitechrome 200 showed magenta cast in sky. Film was outdated by a few months though stored in fridge. Wonder if this is from age or the film itself? Had shot the 100 flavor last year and did not notice this effect. Perhaps I can fix the scans, though that is a less analog question.
    Thanks for any comments.
    Mike

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Having seen it before, I'd blame processing before stale film.

Shooter
    35mm
    Verify that processing wasnt a fault, but both E200 and Elite Chrome 200 have this issue once expired. I have some E200 that I can only use for sunsets due to obvious magenta casts in everyday scenes. It expired in 2005. I have also shot mildly expired EC200 that had this cast, but much more subtle.
    Use EC200/E200 fresh, then they are great.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pukalo View Post
    Verify that processing wasnt a fault, but both E200 and Elite Chrome 200 have this issue once expired. I have some E200 that I can only use for sunsets due to obvious magenta casts in everyday scenes. It expired in 2005. I have also shot mildly expired EC200 that had this cast, but much more subtle.
    Use EC200/E200 fresh, then they are great.
    They are great. Too bad Kodak just stopped making them. So stock up if you can find any and shoot fast.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin