Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,231   Posts: 1,532,881   Online: 1025

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yesterday when I was working with instant film I was thinking that the smell of instant film should be available as perfume.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Old Polacolor was particularly fragrant. It looks to me like Fuji, having tried to get into medical devices, is now making a big investment in skin care in order to put chemists to work. I think they have a lot of them with not much to do.

Cosmetics and personal care are hugely profitable with gross margins above 90%.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Aw shucks, I saw the title and got all excited and then this.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey guys, it's fun joking about it, but the leadership at Fujifilm decided years ago to keep their R&D team who are expert in gelatin, collagen, and all sorts of organic chemistry, and use the same human resources to expand in new market so that the business is still profitable. They are still operating their existing film factories, but they are diversifying the business. Their investors are okay with that, and the public is happy. We know another big player who went different route, with unhappy investors and not very favorable news.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, multisectoral is the most natural and safe way in entrepreneurship. It is especially vital for small players, but it's not false for big companies, either.

There's a huge synergy between those businesses at Fuji. Keeping just one narrow sector works only in especially good economic times. Otherwise, you must do multisectoral in order to survive, it's the way to go.

Shooter
    35mm
    They decided that it was cheaper to actually put creme on the model's face rather then to work on their sensors for the best skin tones output.

hka
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think Harman is doing the same with thier knowledge of gelatin but the difference is that we can get all the Ilford stuff worldwide.
    harry

Release, the best you can do...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin