Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,478   Posts: 1,571,010   Online: 896

Shooter
    Multi Format

Fuji NHG II 800?

I got three rolls of this film in 120 size a few days ago and have no idea what it's like. Has anyone ever shot this film? Surprisingly enough there isn't much info about it on the web. It seems that it was the precursor to Fuji's [now sadly discontinued] NPZ 800. When was this film discontinued? I want to get an idea of what its expiry date could be since I got them unpackaged. Thanks!

Shooter
    35mm
    NHG II 800 was replaced by NPZ in late 2001, which was then re-branded Pro800Z in 2004: http://www.newsfeeduk.com/fujipro/11.10.2001.shtml
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Any big differences between the two films?

Shooter
    35mm
    From memory I think Fuji claimed better grain from NPZ (800Z) compared to NHG, same channel printing with NPH (400H) too, I think.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Funny, I just got 2 rolls of this film myself and had the same questions. Thanks! I can't wait to try it out.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The original NHG was a 400 speed portrait film, and one of the best portrait films I have ever used. I was upset when they discontinued it. NPH 400, the replacement for NHG 400, was contrastier and I didn't like the color as much. I don't think I ever tried NHGII. I switched to Kodak Portra after NHG 400 was discontinued.
    Chris Crawford
    Fine Art Photography of Indiana and other places no one else photographs.

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Tested Developing Times with the films and developers I use

Become a fan of my work on Facebook

Fort Wayne, Indiana

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I bought quite a bit of it awhile back and have used it here and there. I actually like it but I usually shoot it at ISO 400 instead of 800 because it is expired. However, I keep it frozen until I'm ready to use it so it continues to work out fairly well. Here is an early morning shot taken on some expired Fuji NHG II 800 this past winter out on the Great Salt Lake.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin