Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,528   Online: 1201

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well if you have it then why not sell it!!! A lot of people have want and need...

I just really don't understand why you assume it isn't worth doing, Drew. Just look at the price differential between "ordinary" sheets and the ready/quickloads. So then you basically have a paper sleeve and the time it takes to load them. Let's see, you do one per hour and you're already making minimum wage

Anyway I like the quickload system, it is brutally simple. Very hard to see where one could go wrong.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think the MIDO is a pretty good idea and it can be loaded with your choice of emulsion. I wish I could find one for 5x7.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    The Mido II system was briefly made in 5x7 and even 8x10, but not the previous Mido sleeve system.
    The sleeves were lighter but harder to load. I was also a bit suspicious of the vinyl of the sleeves
    outgassing, but haven't heard actual complaints from anyone still using them. I sold mine and kept
    only my II-style 4X5 holders. Nowadays its incredibly difficult to break even on the patent for some
    niche product like this. I see clever start-up gadgetry all the time which isn't realistic to mass produce, especially once some overhead is factored in. The problem with a mass produced system
    like Quickloads and Readloads is that you also need a real industrial cleanroom setup. Too bad that
    Fuji can't just pick up where they left off; but right now they're probably trying to figure out which
    LF films to kill off outright, not revive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin