Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,993   Posts: 1,524,258   Online: 1007

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

As my readyloads dwindle...

I wonder if anyone has tried reloading them? Of course, first you've go to get the packets back from the processor. Crazy I know, but... I'd just much rather use a readyload than a fidelity slide.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sure they have. Is it worth the time/effort over loading a holder?
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Not crazy at all. Go for it and let us know if it works!
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I know. What a fuss. But they're lighter, and all the fiddling about is at home in a warm darkroom, with little fiddling on a frozen hillside. We're not all lucky enough to live in sunny LA!
    Last edited by Gunfleet; 12-12-2011 at 12:08 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    If you become adept at it, I wouldn't be surprised if you could make a mint loading them for people with all manner of interesting films I adore them for travel. After shooting a few packs of 8x10 polaroid and seeing how clever that system is/was, I was even thinking about adapting the ready/quickload idea for larger sizes like 5x7.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    How on earth can anyone reload them? Now that's a Houdini act if there ever was one! Buy up what
    you can find, freeze it, and after that, it's going to be a film tent.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Actually Drew I did reload a fuji quickload just for fun, and form that one experiment that I determined that the only tricky part is going to be the clips. I wrote to Mr. Fuji politely asking if they could sell me some fresh clips but alas they didn't respond. If you can get clips or re-use the old ones then you're set, the rest is easy. There is a little adhesive patch that could probably be subbed for some double stick tape or rice glue or whatever.

You can make these things from scratch, really. Surprised a business hasn't popped up to make use of all those quick/readyload holders.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Congrats Keith. How many did you do, and how much dust and light leaks did you get? It's about fifty times easier just to load a conventional holder. The closest thing to a halfway house were the
    various lightwt holders made by Mido, and even these are prone to leaks. I too am annoyed by the
    disappearance of Quickloads and Readyloads, but only used them on longer backpacks anyway,
    and still have enough for one more trip. But the last thing I need is to come back from a week of
    lugging across the canyons and over the passes and have wasted shots due to film flaws. Reliability
    is even more important than saving weight.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, you know what Drew, only those who innovate are rewarded with new capabilities.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Keith - I innovated enough to make a Quick/Ready filmholder more reliable than any Fuji or Kodak sold, and that holds the film flatter too. I have entire darkrooms filled personally built custom equipment. So I'm one of last folks you'd want to accuse of failing to innovate. But reloading old potentially linty paper sleeves hardly seems like a worthy venture. There are several people attempting to find new solutions, but it isn't all that easy, much less realistic if one is trying to make a buck. If you just want something reloadable with any kind of film, it was invented way back -
    try looking for the older thin-style Mido sleeve system.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin