Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,707   Posts: 1,548,500   Online: 921

Shooter
    Medium Format

Fuji Crystal Archive paper - going away?

It looks like nothing larger than 20x24 sheets is available anymore except in rolls (and I can't use rolls). I was about to order some 30x40 paper, so this is not good. Does anyone know what the deal is with crystal archive paper? I can't find anything on the Fuji site. Are there any alternative papers I don't know of that are at least 30x40?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    You might still be able to find some CA Super C in 30X40. The newer Type II is not being cut in anything larger than 20X24. Most of the volume users have roll automated cutters. It's a bit of an inconvenience for some of us, but not really that big a deal. The rolls take up a lot less space in
    a freezer or elsewhere and the paper is less likely to crinkle coming off a roll than lifting a sheet at a time out of a box. This paper is a tad thinner than the Super C but with a cleaner white base. I really like it. But I figure I'll just cut a bunch of sheets at a time and put them into the 30X40 paper safe.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm gonna agree with Drew.
    Rolls are a bit more inconvenient but we may as well get used to it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hmm, thanks for the advice guys. I'll see if my school can get a roll cutter.

As a sheet user, I've been really disappointed with the newer type II stuff - it dings so much easier, it feels cheaper...but it still looks pretty good, so I'll stick with it. And see about getting a roll cutter in the future. Thanks!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin