Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,902   Posts: 1,521,171   Online: 1146

Another one bites the dust. . .

I just received this e-mail the other day. The only 50 speed film left in color neg. is ECN-2 process EXR-50D from Eastman Kodak. It's only available in still cassettes from RGB color lab and I doubt you can find it in any bigger size save buying thousands of feet of 65mm from EK.

Dear Customer

Thank you for your inquiry.

We would like to inform you that the Konica Minolta - KOI5036 REG - Impresa-50 135-36 Professional Color Print Film (ISO-50)
    you previously registered for notification has been discontinued and will no longer be
    available from B&H.

We look forward to your next visit to our site. Please feel free to let
    us know if there's any other way we may assist you.

Thank you,
    The B&H Web Team
    www.bhphotovideo.com
    420 Ninth Avenue
    New York, NY 10001, USA
    800-606-6969
    212-444-6615

Sorry to have to be the harbinger of news like this.

Regards to all.
    ~Karl Borowski

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I heard that impresa was discontinued last year, when the merger of Konica and Minolta happened, I left working in a photography store in December 2003, and we were not able to get orders of this film in at that time.

Dave Parker
    Ground Glass Specialties

Before you completely give up on that, I notice the writer of the letter is NOT the manufacturer, but a re=-seller. I have one fellow who comes to me to get Rodinal by the case, because the local photographer print shop and supplier told him it was nolonger made. But turns out it is still available, as you all seem to know.

After being approached to turn my shop digital, I can understand why, . . ."buy this great film scanner for $35,000 (remember I have to be able to aerial film), then to pay for it, tell folks you can't give them the old analog way because it isn't supported." In other words one of the suggested techiniques to force customers into digital is to lie about the availability of non-digital.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Both Jessops and Silverprint in the UK still have it marked as available on their web shops. I ordered 50 rolls. We'll see what comes.

David.

Shooter
    35mm

CRAP

This is the pitts. My favorite C-41 film by far.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    WTF is EXR-50D?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin