Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,569   Posts: 1,545,464   Online: 1186

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Aerial Color Films , thinking to use them

I am deeply impressed with the quality of aerial color photos. I like their colors, contrast and sharpness. I am looking for their availability as shortcuts and idea to home process per 4x5 cut sheet , their full sizes and prices.

Thank you ,

Umut

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mustafa Rollei Digibase CN 200 is an Aerial color film and available in sizes up to 120 and costs € 4.76 at Macodirect the original product Aviphot color by Agfa Gevaert can be factory ordered in different sizes at least acording to the Agfa site: http://www.agfa.com/en/sp/solutions/...ilms/index.jsp
    They also have aerial color reversal films

Btw. Thank you for bringing this up

Dominik

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    That 800 speed colour film sounds great. And it comes in 35mm too.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Most of the Kodak aero stuff is on an extremely thin estar base (1.5-2mil). This is great for dimensional stability and super low light dispersion which makes for really sharp images but it's designed to be used in a giant 1000' roll film vacuum-plate back. You'll have a hell of a time getting it to stay in your holders as the film will pop right out as soon as you pull the darkslide. If you're really intent on doing this you'll need to remove the rails in your holder and use double sided tape to keep the film in place. Check out the Sinar adhesive carrier for an example.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Is there any chance to buy 35 mm ,800 or lower ASA Agfa Aviphot as short cuts ? Who can process them ? Is this film , better than Ektar ?

I looked the pictures of Rollei Aerial 35 mm film and panoramic shots have hell of sharpness but steet photography colors are dull. Its made for panorama , of course.

Umut

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mustafa Rollei Digibase is Agfa Aviphot color and can be developed in normal C41 chemicals. All Aviphot negative films can be developed in C41/Agfa ASP 70 process. Maybe an aerial photographer in Turkey has some shortcuts for you. They are different films one is build to imitate slide film saturation (Ektar) and one for maximum information gathering , resolution (Aviphot) or do you mean Aero Ektar than they should be equally good. Personally I prefer Agfa scientific products to Kodaks.

Dominik

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Thank you all for the answers.

I think Rollei / Agfa Film is for good weathers , nobody does remote sensing-even large percentage of satellites - at bad weather , isnt it ? I visited flickr and low contrast images are bad. But this films color rendition reminds me old kodak films. If I go to Mediterrenean Coast this summer , I will try to buy it.
    I dont need to buy Ektar also , its hot and can be made at any internet photo retouching software with cheaper films.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin