Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,874   Posts: 1,520,168   Online: 1011

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Pushing C41 3-4 stops? Need help

Hello,

After seeing this;

http://canlasphotography.blogspot.co...-beach-fl.html

I'd like to try it myself. However, I'd like to take it a step further and try shooting it at asa 6400. Is it possible to push C41 4 stops? And how long should I develop C41 when pushing both 3 and 4 stops?
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    +0:30 of development for each stop of push, assuming fresh developer. Four stops is pretty extreme though, I wouldn't expect anything good from it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Athiril pushed Portra 400 all the way up to ISO 25600 and posted an example both here in the gallery and on flickr. He used special processing to get that far up.
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    That's a 6-stop push! He says on his Flickr page 7:30 in C-41. I can't resist. I have just got to try that with sheet film! I have some Portra 800 in 120 to try, too.

I have no idea why he says, "do not try this." I mean, COME ON! That's what developing film yourself is for! I did Mortensen refrigerator development with Ilfosol 3 1:9 and Acros 100 for five days. Yeehaa! A little bit dense, but no problems!

Do not try this at home, indeed. Next thing you know they'll be coming for my proton accelerator pack. Sheesh! How am I supposed to advance the art of emulsion coating and ghost busting without it?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Brian,

Athiril posted some comments how he souped the film to achieve this incredible ISO. From what I vaguely remember it was not just "soup it until it gets boring and then some". That might be the reason for his comments.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudeofus View Post
    Brian,

Athiril posted some comments how he souped the film to achieve this incredible ISO. From what I vaguely remember it was not just "soup it until it gets boring and then some". That might be the reason for his comments.
    Blasphemy. Brian, prepare for Ludacris speed!
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EASmithV View Post
    Blasphemy. Brian, prepare for Ludacris speed!
    May the shadow detail be with you

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin