Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,222   Posts: 1,532,371   Online: 1047

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Repromaster lenses?

I bought a 4x5 enlarger recently and got a 150/9 Repromaster lens thrown in. Googling doesn't throw up much info about it. It looks nice enough but it only has one f-stop marked (F22). Now this wouldn't worry me too much except there's 3 1/2 click-stops between there and wide open (F22->f16->f11->F8... opps too many!) Maybe they're 1/2 stops (nope can't be, not enough clicks to get to f9) The 1/2 click (for wide open) doesn't actually click but the diaphram moves enough to change the light substaintially. I'm guessing F22 is the preferred aperture to use it.

Any one know anything about these or any of my questions. I did just have a brain wave and should try and measure the difference with a meter (I have a Colorstar 2000 that should indicate the differences but for some reason it's not registaring (the time is out of range)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Can't help with click stops, but the lens was probably used on Agfa Repro camera.
    I have a Repromaster 210/9, that I have used on my Speed Graphic with a homemade lens board with extension tube. Haven't done any extensive testing, but looks like a good performer. BTW, "22" f-stop was probably the optimized aperture for repro shots.

Denis

Repromaster

The lenses on my Agfa Repromaster were 305 and 210/f9 Schneider G-Clarons which is likely what yours is.
    f22 would be needed for full coverage but they should be fine in the middle more open
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I found it in my LF reference, as mentioned, its an f/9 and is supposed to cover 8x10, so you will have no worries using this for 4x5.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had a 150 Repromaster that almost covered 10x8 at infinity. Was a good lens, I used it with a lens cap for a shutter. Looked at having it mounted into a shutter but was difficult (read expensive.) Sold it to someone in Japan in the end when I bought a 165 Super Angulon.
    David Boyce

When bankers get together for dinner, they discuss art. When artists get together for dinner, they discuss money. Oscar Wilde Blog fp4.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    so it's more commonly used as a taking lens than an enlarging lens. It does have a smaller than M39 thread. I'll give it a go for awhile and compare to a Fujinon EX 90/5.6 I have either just concentrating on the centre sharpness or using a smaller neg (although it looks like it covers the 4x5 neg)

Thanks all for the info.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There's nothing wrong with your Repromaster lens it's extremely high quality and designed as a repro lens for flat field copying.

If any thing quality is higher than a comparable focal length enlarger lens at a cost which is it's maximum aperture of only f9 as opposed to f5.6'ish for a comparable enlarger lens.

Apart from that it will perform just as well

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They also make good enlarging lenses, I know someone who uses one on a 5x7 enlarger and is very happy with it.
    David Boyce

When bankers get together for dinner, they discuss art. When artists get together for dinner, they discuss money. Oscar Wilde Blog fp4.blogspot.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin