Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,953   Posts: 1,522,747   Online: 947

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 8x10, x2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is it gold toned? It DOES look great.

16x20 can be expensive to get started. I was set up for nothing larger than 11x14. I kept an eye on the forums and a saved search on eBay for many months before I turned up a 16x20 easel I was willing to pay the price for, considering I have an 11x14 V-Track for most of my prints. I'd like to have a big solid four blade 16x20 or 20x24 but I wasn't willing to pay $200+ for one, in addition to the shipping on such a beast. I finally turned up a NOS Bogen 2 blade for a good price and scarfed that up. Add the price of some trays, a pack or two of paper, it adds up. Some people advocate the under bed plastic storage things for trays but when I priced them, ones large enough to work cost as much as regular photo trays from Freestyle.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No No, its definitely not gold tone or toned in general. I have coffee but they don't look too great on RC paper lol.

Yes bigger easel are more than I can spend, I might just make one. Figure out if I need a bigger easel, thats money, and then I need bigger trays, money, dilute more chemical, more money, and most importantly, bigger papers so I can MESS THEM UP, a complete waste of money, haha. I'm just doing what I can and try to make the best out of it.

Thank you guys for the compliment on the print.
    - Derek
    [ Insert meaningless camera listing here ]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Both your print and ic-racer's are superb! Lovely work and a great idea. I really enjoy the MacGyver approach to getting things done!
    Last edited by Molli; 02-03-2012 at 02:35 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Premature submission :p

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin