Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,732   Posts: 1,515,279   Online: 837

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had not heard of the 8055 carrier. I prefer the simplest solution, so I will try to get my hands on one of those. Maybe I will consider the mat-board solution if I need any truly oddball sizes.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - HST
    My Flickr Gallery

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    There's one on ebay for $40 right now. No relation to the seller. If you wait around, you might be able to find one for $20 or so.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The more you file out the carrier, the less flat the negative will be. Everything is a compromise. For small enlargements that is fine. For big enlargements (11x14 and bigger) you will have some difficulty getting the corners sharp. If you don't intend on showing the filed out edges of the holder, a glass carrier can be a better solution. Also, realize that most cameras don't show all the way to the edge of the negative in the viewfinder, so you will be printing stuff you didn't see when you snapped the shutter, if that is what you want.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin