Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,252   Online: 1007

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Using a Beseler 67C color head with Ilford Multigrade IV IC paper

I just got my hands on a color head for my Beseler 67C enlarger. I'd like to use it with Ilford MG IV IC paper for black and white prints. Can anyone give pointers on what color settings to use to control the contrast on the final prints?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Tony:

See page 3 of the Ilford data sheet - the Beseler settings are the same as the Kodak ones: http://www.ilfordphoto.com/Webfiles/...8932591755.pdf

This data used to be packed with the paper as well (may still be).

By the way, by "IC" do you mean "RC"?

The head works well with this paper.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As Matt says, it's all in the datasheet, every pack of box of paper I've seen from Ilford has one.
    The datasheet isn't easy to read in the dark though, so I transcribed the filter settings to a spreadsheet with a nice large font, printed it out and taped it to the front of my enlarger. Also, to keep life simple, I use the Ilford numbers as my starting poing for every VC paper I use.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Hi Tony:

See page 3 of the Ilford data sheet - the Beseler settings are the same as the Kodak ones: http://www.ilfordphoto.com/Webfiles/...8932591755.pdf
    Perfect - thanks!

This data used to be packed with the paper as well (may still be).
    Haven't opened the box yet. Probably should have done that first.

By the way, by "IC" do you mean "RC"?
    Yes, a senior moment, I claim.

Quote Originally Posted by bdial View Post
    As Matt says, it's all in the datasheet, every pack of box of paper I've seen from Ilford has one.
    Yup, just opened the box and there it is. Looks like I'm set.

Thanks to both of you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok, I'm trying this for the first time tonight and there are no filter settings for Beseler color heads, only Kodak, Durst and Leitz and they seem to vary quite a bit. Hmm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tony:

Beseler is listed under the heading for Kodak on the left side of page 3 of the link I pointed out earlier.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks much, Matt. I seem to "get it" now in regard to how yellow and magenta influence contrast.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin