Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,530   Posts: 1,543,967   Online: 1113

Shooter
    Multi Format

Does anyone know if the LPL c6700 has a cooling fan?

Hello,

I went into my darkroom today and found that only after several minutes my diffusion enlarger was very very hot.

Immediately I supposed that the cooling fan has failed.

Before I take the thing apart (and risk not being able to put it back together again from lack of experience) I thought I would try and find out whether I am right in assuming that there is a fan in the head.

Anyone know about fixing these enlargers and how available parts are for them if i do indeed need a new fan?

Thanks alot,

Benjamin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a 7700 and it doesn't have a cooling fan, just some fins on the top of the head. I suspect the 6700 would be similar. They do get quite warm, especially when the lamp is on the way out and it starts generating more heat than light.

Roger.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have a D6700 (not sure what difference the D/C makes) and this does not have a fan.

In fact, I don't think I have seen any enlarger with a fan. I wouldn't want a source of vibration like that on an enlarger.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Smaller enlargers usually do not have a fan, but large format color diffusion enlargers with powerful halogen lamps usually do. I have a 5x7" enlarger with two 250w lamps. I suspect it would melt if it weren't for the (very noisy) fan.

Trond

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nope it does not. It has a black finned heatsink at the top held on by two thumb screws.

Check that the correct lamp is in. Though the contact connector would usually only allow the correct lamp, I have seem some beat up connectors that look almost forced apart at the sockets. A bulb/lamp with the wrong wattage would probably make much more heat.

If I remember it should be a Esj bulb, not 100% so double check it to the manual.

I would not worry with a bit of heat, keep the work area clear and you should be fine. I have never encountered popped negatives from a diffusion enlarger because of a hot lamp.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Trond View Post
    I have a 5x7" enlarger with two 250w lamps. I suspect it would melt if it weren't for the (very noisy) fan.
    It would have to be a well balanced fan not to vibrate the head - or a well braced collumn.

Theatre lights of 1Kw work o.k. continuously without fans so I personally wouldn't worry about running 250w intermittently without a fan.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin