Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,541   Posts: 1,544,367   Online: 1064

Shooter
    Large Format

durst 138s manual please

Am in need a readable owner's manual for a durst 138s b/w enlarger. I found a link online but it's too hard to read. So someone have a spare manual or a copy I'd love to borrow it.

Much appreciated any help.

ps. particularly on how to adjust the lamp housing tilt. Also, am looking a filter drawer for it if anyone has one.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Welcome to Apug.

You don't mention what link you found that was not readable. This may repeat that.

I have found the manuals at this link very readable and useful.

The one you want is at:

http://www.durst-pro-usa.com/resources.php

Look under “Appendix: PDF Files Tank”

I would encourage you to look around the library because there are many useful tutorials and manuals there.

John Powers
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks for answering. That's the same link other than a french site that I could google. Could be my old age, I have a hard time to read. The first couple pages are readable. Dont think local small library has anything related to this enlarger model.

It would be great if someone can post a html/text version manual online. The worse case, one can create in MS Word by hand I guess.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I found how to adjust tilt. Turn one knob to 'L' all the way the loosen another knob and apply rotation force (slowly). tighten both knobs. still, nice to have a manual handy.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I don't mean to insult you. I am 72, wearing trifocals and can see it quite well on my new monitor. Could it be your computer screen?

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    Large Format
    John, that's good for you. My 20/20 is not working that well these days. I will look out for a real manual ...maybe one day. For now, I will get by. Btw, I can see at 72 years young you are strong to carry that 20x24 around mountains...is that a 600mm lens?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Durst138s View Post
    John, that's good for you. My 20/20 is not working that well these days. I will look out for a real manual ...maybe one day. For now, I will get by. Btw, I can see at 72 years young you are strong to carry that 20x24 around mountains...is that a 600mm lens?
    Sorry about the eyes.

That is just a small 7x17 pocket camera that I carry in a baby jogger. My mountain has to have trails or plateaus on it for the three wheeled buggy. The lens is a 250mm wide field Ektar. I have a 600mm Fuji as the longest lens this camera will take, but it doesn’t look as dramatic for the Avatar photo.

John

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I just posted a different copy of the Durst 138S manual, as well as the service manual here.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you so much for the service manual! Brilliant!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin