Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,949   Posts: 1,585,943   Online: 985

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Printing Square

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Printing Square

So as of right now I am printing from a 6x6 negative to 8x8 onto 8x10 paper. I am using a 4 into 1 easel. (I have a 3 blade boarderless Saunders omega easel but the paper I am using is not flat and does not stay put on the easel, also I donít really like the easel) Im looking into a way to print square more effectively and have the image always directly centered on the paper.

Iím looking into getting a better easel for printing. Im looking at a saunders vt1400.

How do you effectively print square images?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use a "Speed Ez-el," and either align it optically or with a ruler if I need it to be very exact.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    I use negative masks on the enlarger.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I trim the paper to square and use the offcut for test strips. I suppose I could use the four-blade easel I own if I thought about it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'd recommend a 4 bladed easel. I usually print 7x7 on an 8x10. That said, the blades are not wide enough to cover the edges of the 10" side of the paper. I either trim to 8x8 or, more often, dry mount and float mount it in the matt.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use a 4-blade with measurements on the sides, so I know that I'm making a 15x15 print on 16x20 paper and shave a bit off the end for test strips. Nothing like a 4-blade for enlarging. I'll never go to anything different after that.

PS...that snowboard shot on your site it gold....love it.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I definitely recommend the 4 bladed easel, the vt1400 is the V-Track right, I have one they're nice. So here's what I do. First I sacrifice a sheet of the enlarging paper, then on the back I carefully layout and mark my borders. Then I put the paper in the easel making sure that paper is positioned all the way in the slot and slid to the left hand side. Next I align the easel blades, with the border lines I marked on the paper. I also use the paper composing and focusing. When printing just make sure that you position the paper all the way in the slot and slide it to the all the way to the left. This method will give you very consistent borders.

Roger

Shooter
    Large Format
    I use a 4 bladed easel and I standardized printing size to 28cmx28cm (about 11x11 inches). I have one sheet of undeveloped enlarging paper with sizes drawn on it and I use this for focusing and positioning of blades. (Retrospectively it seems like a good idea to develop this paper unexposed, since it yellows otherwise.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I also use a 4 bladed easel also. I usually go 7 3/4 by 7 3/4 on a 8x10 sheet.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Another 4 bladed here with roughly the same method as pekelnik...and fixed paper

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin