Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,287   Posts: 1,535,289   Online: 924

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael R 1974 View Post
    I still think it's reflection off the easel frame. Try making the print with no easel to test.
    Done this yeah.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm really stumped then. I've never seen this happen other than when light reflects of a thick easel frame. This is all very strange. Then again I have no experience with your particular enlarger. Curious.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If the glass is too thick, you will get internal reflections off the beveled edges, the moveable masks are there to eliminate excess light spill onto the easel. Try moving them in a 1/4" or so and see if the problem still exists.

If the glass is too thick, they may not sit flat against the whole surface of the negative when the carrier is in the enlarger, causing all sorts of weird abnormalities.

I'm just throwing out ideas for you to check, not having ever see that model of enlarger, but have seen may weird things from poorly modified ones.
    Bob

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin