Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,582,042   Online: 795

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    If I have understood the literature correctly Fotospeed Fotomask is red. Is this particular Fotospeed product not available in the U.S.?

pentaxuser
    Last I looked they have it at Freestyle.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I see it.

I called around and found something similar at a local art supply store. Expensive little can.... I'm going to go there in about an hour and try this one out later.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fotomask is red but loses its colour over time. This doesn't appear to alter its efficacy in any way but it does make it harder to see where you're applying it. It should also be used with the brush cleaner fluid. Both of them stink like f**k so use good ventilation.
    Norman is an island.Time and tide wait for Norman.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I found a product called "Art Mask". It's a lightly yellow tinted latex based frisket. It's little easier to see compared to rubber cement but it's still pretty hard to see unless applied very thickly. It also is very watery and hard to apply. One quality I did like is that it doesn't have the offensive and toxic fume that rubber cement has. It has some slight ammonia smell but not bad.

I got the job done well enough so I'm pretty happy. I'm becoming a known face at a local art supply store.... I'm there every weekend!
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin