Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,305   Online: 1225

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    35mm
    Panalure paper is the WORST, by far, for keeping without age-fogging. And, also light fogging (banish safelights when using it).

It does not age gracefully. A perfect box of 250 sheets of 8x10 was perfect one year and a disaster the next (at room temp). I do not forget losses like that too quickly. - David Lyga

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ouch. Well I bought the above linked paper which they claimed was cold stored. It's in my freezer now. Maybe I will try it out this weekend.

I've had no problem with it in years past using the same safelight I use for RA4, an Osram Duka 50. I use it ONLY for color (which means I haven't used it for years) to save the precious irreplaceable lamp. I now also have a Jobo Maxilux which is supposed to be safe for color. I know the Duka is safe for Panalure. I will test the paper before trying the Jobo.

You're absolutely right of course that regular black and white safelights will utterly fog Panalure which needs to be handled like color paper when it cones to safelights.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just printed a rather abstract C-41 neg, from Kodak BW400CN film, onto Ilford Multigrade IV RC 5x7 paper, using a grade 3 filter. I got wonderful results.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Christian View Post
    I just printed a rather abstract C-41 neg, from Kodak BW400CN film, onto Ilford Multigrade IV RC 5x7 paper, using a grade 3 filter. I got wonderful results.
    Well yes I'm sure you did. The topic is printing "color" (which BW400CN is not) on black and white paper, not necessarily C41. I love XP2 and how it prints too.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin