Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,840   Posts: 1,582,563   Online: 980

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Footswitch & socket

I have 2 Lektra TM-8 timers and they have different socket types for the footswitch. This my previous comment.
    Jack Rosa

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Is it a TM-560R? I don't know if there were variations on the plugs or not. Mine is a 3-prong plug and the footswitch came with the timer.

On the front of the timer there are 3 switches and 2 knobs. The left switch is Power\Off. The middle is Start\Reset and the right is Time\Focus.

For the footswitch to work, the left should be switched to Power(duh), the middle to RESET (not so duh) and the right to Time(duh). Then the foot switch works on my timer. If I set the middle switch to START the footswitch does not work. Oh yes, the power cord for the timer needs to be plugged in and the footswitch needs to be plugged into the START outlet.

If that doesn't do it, then something on the timer must be broke. Maybe that's why it was free

Let me know if I can answer any other questions.

-Mike

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    thanks Mike, i will check it out with the RESET in place.
    It has two basic 2 prong outlets in the back. One says enlarger the other start, which i thought would be straight forward. Never crossed my mind about the reset switch altho, power on did

Everything else seems to work as the enlarger turns on when in the focus mode and goes on and off in the timing mode.

I just really like a foot switch.
    If i doesn't work out, it is no big deal as i have several others , just testing this as a back up.

Dan

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ann

I just really like a foot switch.
    If i doesn't work out, it is no big deal as i have several others , just testing this as a back up.
    Ann, if you have an extra for the Lektra, would you be willing to sell one? I'd love to buy it because I've been searching quite a while for a foot switch.
    Dan

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    well, i think the timer has gone the way of the trash. It just doesn't want to work. I had i plugged into a cold light head, the head also has a stablizer so i don't know if this is a problem or not. I may test it at the lab on another enlarger and see what happens. However, i have never had any issues with timers and
    cold light heads, altho, i have hear rumors of those who end up with issues.

I have a foot switch that has a standard 2 prong electric male end. pm me if you think this would work.

Dan

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I checked my timer and that foot switch won't work.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

To: Ann

Ann: I would be interested in your footswitch with standard two prongs. Are you willing to sell it to me?
    Jack Rosa

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin