Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,331   Posts: 1,537,303   Online: 1039

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Lektra Timer In Need Of Repair

Hi:

I have a Lektra enlarging time I bought from Zone VI Studios about 15-20 years ago. It has always been a great timer. Just the other day, the times for it have been noticably off. When I set it for my standard 3-seconds, it stays on for longer - like 4-5 seconds. 2 Seconds lasts for nearly 3 seconds.
    It does appear to be repeatable, so it is certainly usable in it's current state (I just set it a 2-seconds and think in terms of 'exposure units'). But, the anal retentive part of me would like it to be accurate, too.

Anyone know where I can get this repaired? Is Lektra still alive? Anyone that you know service this make. I'm not sure of the model number - it is not the TM-8 but it is the same battleship gray and is built like a tank.

Thanks.

-Mike

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Mike:

I believe Lektra went out of business a long, long time ago. I own several Lektra timers. Instead of having it repaired, you may want to consider purchasing a <used> one on eBay.
    Jack Rosa

Images
    I just looked at a couple of these on the web. No LEDs or numbers counting, right? Looks like you could buy one for $10. However, if you want to get it fixed, then it sounds like the internal timer is out of wack. It could be just out of adjustment (turn a small screw) or it could be a bad capacitor (best guess). Simple to fix by someone that knows basic electronics. Try a stereo repair, TV repair, ham radio guy, etc.
    Watch for Loose Gravel

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Loose Gravel
    I just looked at a couple of these on the web. No LEDs or numbers counting, right? Looks like you could buy one for $10. However, if you want to get it fixed, then it sounds like the internal timer is out of wack. It could be just out of adjustment (turn a small screw) or it could be a bad capacitor (best guess). Simple to fix by someone that knows basic electronics. Try a stereo repair, TV repair, ham radio guy, etc.
    Yes, it's a model TM-560R Lektra Laboratories. It has not modern LED's or anything like that. It has simple knowbs on the front to set time in full seconds and tenths. I don't see an adjustment screw on the outside. On the inside, I see a few screws but I don't know how to adjust it.

Thanks for the advice.

This is such a nice timer that I'd hate to lose it.

-Mike

Images
    If you are not familiar with electronics, then you shouldn't mess with it, but I should think a repair would be simple for someone who is.

If it is stable, then I'd say it must have taken a bump or something to get it out of adjustment. If it drifts, then I'd say you have a dying capacitor.
    Watch for Loose Gravel

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You might want to try contacting Richard Ritter. He used to work for Zone VI and still repairs the spot meters and other camera equipment.

Here is his web Page : Richard Ritter

good Luck.

Regards,
    John

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    someone gave me one of these timers. What does the "start" plug on the back side of the timer do?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ann
    someone gave me one of these timers. What does the "start" plug on the back side of the timer do?
    You plug the footswitch into it.

BTW, my times seem accurate again......Odd. I didn't do anything to it at all. Three seconds is 3 sec now. I hope it stays that way.

If omeone gave you one, you have a real nice timer there. It is 1000 watt capacity. I use up to an 8x10 cold light head with it. Until the other day, it has served me perfectly for 15+ years. Good luck with it.

-Mike

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I try plugging a foot switch in but it didn't work. The foot switch does work with other timers so perhaps there is something amiss with the socket. Thanks.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Footswitch - Anne's Timer

Anne:

Depending upon when the timer was manufactured, you will see different types of sockets. The fact that your footswitch does not plug into that socket does not mean that it is not "the socket". Look at the other sockets - are they all the same?
    Jack Rosa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin