Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,201   Posts: 1,531,529   Online: 1051

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are several Dursts in the same 6x6 category - the "M" series comes to mind: M600, M601, M606 ...

Be sure, whatever enlarger you pick, that it comes with all the lens boards/adapters, condensers and negative carriers.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a Bogen X-35A. They don't get much smaller or simpler, but if the lens is good the results can be as good as anything else. I kept it (sentimental reasons I suppose as I did a lot with it) even after I got my D2V. Not for sale (sentimental again) but if you see one around...OTOH it won't handle those 6x6 negs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Some people have been finding Leitz Focomats on the used market recently. Those have an excellent reputation for black and white work. I found a Beseler Dichro 35S on ebay a couple of years ago. Beseler made essentially the same enlarger under a number of names. It is a bit bright, but it is an excellent machine for both black and white and color.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Focomat Ic with a drawer for the filters.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I recommend a Leitz Valoy II. It is light, small and perfect for making 5x7 prints using a speed easel. This is an exquisitely designed/manufactured enlarger and very portable. I appreciate the helicoil focus. The lens mount works very well with Nikkor 50mm optics.

For readers who want to enlarge to a higher factor the Leitz wood easel is perfect. You can use a Saunders 4 border adjustable easel but that easel bumps into the elevation post resulting in restrictions.

Use of contrast filters is an issue since there is no dedicated holder. I used several methods. If you have the red filter one can remove the filter and use the assembly to support flat contrast filters. For a light source the 211 size bulb is adequate replacement for original shorter neck bulbs. Newton rings can occur on my Valoy. Rings were eliminated by placing a very thin shim (white out tape) on the edge the neg carrier. This lifts the condenser slightly off the neg.
    Last edited by Richard Jepsen; 09-17-2012 at 07:59 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    RJ

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Omega B22

Besseler Print Maker.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    35mm
    if it is 'compact' that you need, look for the Russian UPA5 35mm enlarger, complete with lens that folded up inside a box no bigger than a small hard suitcase. Enlarged up to 10x8 which is about the limit of the lens but so very compact it was convenient bit of kit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin