Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,099   Online: 1008

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Meopta Opemus iii Enlarger

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][COLOR=#000000]Hi I was wonderingif anyone might be able to help me I have a Meopta Opemus iii Enlarger. I amusing Ilford Multigrade IV RC Deluxe paper am i meant touse a filter in my enlargerto go with the paper and if yes where would i getone from that would fit the enlarger i have .at the moment my pictures don't seem tocome out correctly ever to light or to dark. I do use a Kodak Enlarger scaleHope you can help [/COLOR]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The way I use the MG filters in my Opemus enlarger is I have a set of above the lens filters which I had to cut to the size of the filter draw, Master the art of the test strip, and remember that with the MG filters grades 00 to 3 1/2 use the same exposure and 4 to 5 increase the exposure by a stop, as far as the makes of MG filter, the widest available are made by Ilford, and you can get sets for above the lens in 2 sizes, get the smallest size and cut to the size of the filter draw, or get a set of below the lens MG filters, which are much more expensive, and fit in a holder mounted on the red filter spigot, I find the above the lens works fine for me.
    Richard

Shooter
    35mm

Meopta Opemus iii Enlarger

Hi R.Gould, Thank you for reply is it inportant that i do use filters and how would i know what ones to use with a different paper and b+w Negs
    Last edited by morrisphotos123; 06-03-2012 at 01:13 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Can Anyone else Advice me on any Ideas Thank you

Shooter
    35mm
    For a very good overview of normal black-and-white processes you could try looking through the Ilford website. They have a lot of information there which will be very interesting for you.

http://www.ilfordphoto.com/applications/page.asp?n=16

Have fun

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had a Opemus IIa for many years, and I used Ilford below the lens filters. This worked very well. As mentioned above, the Ilford website contains a lot of good information.

Trond

Shooter
    35mm
    hi Trond how did you make sure the filters fit the enlarger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I removed the filter from the red filter holder and mounted the Ilford filter holder to that. You can find a solution on most enlargers.

Trond

Shooter
    35mm
    not sure if you can help me as i have bought and received Ilford Multigrade Filter Set, 8.9cm, Below Lens filter set but i cant get it to fit my lens the enlarger i have is a Meopta Opemus 3 and the lens it uses is a Meopta belar 4,5/75 234238

Thank you

Shooter
    35mm RF
    You may find these ones easier to use.They can be found for very little money and just need some small trimming to fit in the draw.I tried the under lens filter on my meopta 6 and found that it did not fit well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	filters.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	52237

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin