Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,974   Posts: 1,523,607   Online: 943

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Print size?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Somebody gave me some 32x50 (or so) trays a while back. Waiting to actually have a darkroom big enough to use them.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wish the 12 x 16 size was a common size here in Canada - prints of that size seem to appear significantly larger than 11 x 14, yet that are relatively easy to handle and display (when compared to 16 x 20).
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ah, great! Since my Forte Bromofort is down to a few 8x10 by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    Brovira will give you a very grainy print, like most bromide papers.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    You can special order , will take 6-8 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    I wish the 12 x 16 size was a common size here in Canada - prints of that size seem to appear significantly larger than 11 x 14, yet that are relatively easy to handle and display (when compared to 16 x 20).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    Somebody gave me some 32x50 (or so) trays a while back. Waiting to actually have a darkroom big enough to use them.
    I couldn't wait so I built my trays to fit in a 7x8ft darkroom. And they do - just barely :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trays_ceilingshot.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	111.3 KB 
ID:	52585

That's a 20x28" sheet in the last tray.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    i used to like printing 16x20 ( or 20x24 ) but stopped
    and made a lot of 8x10 and smaller prints.
    i like small images sometimes

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I agree. MGIV is special order in the US and MGWT not available.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Out of interest, what mount size would you use for a 12 x 16? 16 x 20 seems a little small, I'm using 18 x 22 at the moment, but wonder what others do with a 12 x 16.
    Rafal Lukawiecki
    See rafal.net | Read rafal.net/articles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafal Lukawiecki View Post
    Out of interest, what mount size would you use for a 12 x 16? 16 x 20 seems a little small, I'm using 18 x 22 at the moment, but wonder what others do with a 12 x 16.
    16 x 20 actually works very well for competitions or displays that include multiple prints from multiple photographers - the sort where prints are expected to be mounted but not framed.

The prints almost seem to be straining to jump out of the mat, which can be positive in the right circumstances.

For framing, I'd probably lean toward 18 x 22 or 20 x 24.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mostly 8x10 and 12x16 (Image sizes on these sizes papers vary though) I don't have fresh smaller sizes paper, so all the old Kodak and Agfa papers in 5x7 (and smaller) get lithed.....I doubt I will buy these sizes again.

Why?

I find it easier to work with these sizes and I like the results better.
    Last edited by Ricus.stormfire; 06-18-2012 at 05:27 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: never gave a reason

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin