Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,552   Posts: 1,544,919   Online: 884

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Print size?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    16 x 20 actually works very well for competitions or displays that include multiple prints from multiple photographers - the sort where prints are expected to be mounted but not framed.

The prints almost seem to be straining to jump out of the mat, which can be positive in the right circumstances.

For framing, I'd probably lean toward 18 x 22 or 20 x 24.
    Thanks for the useful suggestion. I also noticed that a 12x16 mounted on 16x20 looks just about fine without a window overmat, but seems strained when overmatted and framed. So while convenient, matting 12x16 to 16x20 makes it hard to frame it later, meaning that a reprint would be necessary, hmm... Ideally, I'd settle on one print and mat size, and deciding that gets even harder when I think of square prints.
    Rafal Lukawiecki
    See rafal.net | Read rafal.net/articles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When developed with Rodinal 1+50, I normally print the 35mm negs on 8"x10" ADOX MCC 110 leaving 1.5cm on all sides.

For casual prints I use the MCP 310 of same size.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I usually do 20 inchesx24 inches, although I have done 30 inches x 40 inches.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin