Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,681   Posts: 1,482,190   Online: 1064

Shooter
    35mm

Asking about Vivitar VI enlarger

Hi everyone,
    I have a Vivitar VI enlarger but it does not have a lens board and bellows. So I made a lens board from some pieces of wood. I don't know whether it will work or not
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_8988.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	134.5 KB 
ID:	52527

I want to buy a focusing mechanism but it needs to be 12x12cm to fit the enlarger.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_4281.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	127.9 KB 
ID:	52528

The only thing I found on ebay is this one: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...#ht_780wt_1185

Do you have any ideas how to make the enlarger useable? Thank you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks like you have the focus mechanism already. You just need a bellows. You can make a bellows for very little money.
    If you live in USA, I'd recommend getting another enlarger that already works. If you can make it to our next Ohio, USA APUG gathering I'm sure someone will bring a free enlarger for your.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Keep checking ebay. I have one and they come up for sale fairly often. I would just buy another and keep the one you have for parts.

along with a lens board you will also need the Vivitar negative carriers. they have been harder to find than lens boards.

My vivitar was my first enlarger but it is not my favorite. Instead of dumping a lot into it I would buy a Besseler or Omega.
    Many around and easy to find accessories.
    DIGITAL IS FOR THOSE AFRAID OF THE DARK.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin