Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,151   Online: 993

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have a modern 150mm Nikon and a 150 Rodagon. Both are excellent, and I can't tell the difference in the prints. I also didn't pay more than $100 for either if I remember correctly in mint condition. I have a 180 Componon S and it's also excellent, but I use it for 6x17 (I'll have to try it for 4x5). So you really can't go wrong with any of those three in my opinion.

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Enlarging lenses tested

The link is to Ctein's ebook Post Exposure. He took 6 months and actually tested all of the available enlarging lenses. Maybe this will help some with your decision. http://ctein.com/booksmpl.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You may well find more difference between specimens of the same brand vs the different brands. I went through a bunch of lenses testing them as Ctein suggested and in my case, found a good 135 Componon-S and a good 150 EL-Nikkor (the old one with a 53mm thread - which also works with 5x7.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin