Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,695   Online: 873

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    +1 and a tables such as the ones attached.
    Attached Files
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I do use a sheet of paper to do strips of different exposure increments. I should also mention I am contact printing 5x7 negs. I do use the ilford charts to determine the color head settings for a particular grade. I also have a color densitometer from a noritsu. Is there a way to use it to determine the contrast of the negative?[ QUOTE=cliveh;1361355]What you may try is spending a few months/years with the filtration turned off, just concentrating on print exposure and try to adjust your negative exposure/film development time to get something you are reasonably pleased with. Then when you start using contrast control again you won’t be too far away. Also when you mention test print, do you mean test strips of exposure increments? (saves lots of paper).[/QUOTE]

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AnselAdamsX View Post
    I do use a sheet of paper to do strips of different exposure increments. I should also mention I am contact printing 5x7 negs. I do use the ilford charts to determine the color head settings for a particular grade. I also have a color densitometer from a noritsu. Is there a way to use it to determine the contrast of the negative?
    Some dedicated densitometers are difficult to use without the attached machine... Can you get a Stouffer 21 step transmission grayscale? Then you can just contact it with the negative on the same paper at the same time. You get a direct visual feedback on the range of your negative, the range of the paper, and you can see within a half-stop how far you are from where you want to be.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    Otherwise it is mostly trial and error.
    For me, it's usually error!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You can still use the Beseler PM2L and others for contact printing, just lay the negative on top of the meter.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin