Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,077   Online: 744

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've used the 135mm Rodagon for 4X5, and it works well. From what you say, a condenser problem is certainly possible, as discussed above. You also need to be aware that the turret places the lens further away from the negative and creates a little tunnel between the lens board and the rear element. Since 135mm is somewhat wide angle, this may be the problem if the condenser alignment doesn't cure the vignetting.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nworth View Post
    I've used the 135mm Rodagon for 4X5, and it works well. From what you say, a condenser problem is certainly possible, as discussed above. You also need to be aware that the turret places the lens further away from the negative and creates a little tunnel between the lens board and the rear element. Since 135mm is somewhat wide angle, this may be the problem if the condenser alignment doesn't cure the vignetting.
    They have a bunch of different stuff left over from when the darkroom was actually used.

If the turret creates a problem, I'll just swap it for a plain lens board.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nworth View Post
    I believe the enlarger has an adjustable bellows, so this is a non-issue.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    I believe the enlarger has an adjustable bellows, so this is a non-issue.
    That's correct.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    Sounds like a condenser issue; the 135mm Rodagon should be fine for 4x5 printing. There should be a condenser lens in a housing above the negative stage, with a door that swings up so you can reposition the condenser. This door has a diagram on the inside that shows the position of the condenser for specific focal lengths.
    That was EXACTLY what the problem was!

Thanks for the help! Printing is good now!

-Josh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin