Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,519   Online: 841

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks Andrew! I'm going to verify that with this morning with the test that Dan and tkamiya suggested before ordering a proper safelight. I sort of suspected that may have been the problem from the beginning given that the paper turned black within seconds of going into the developer. I also found the aperture adjustment on the enlarger which is hard to see as it has a recessed lens. Between this and debugging the issue with the film I developed Thursday night (different thread) I learned *a lot* this weekend

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I did a test putting a strip of paper under the "not so safelight" for perhaps 1 minute. Put it in developer and sure enough...black everywhere but the clothespin that was lying on it. So I do need to get a proper safelight.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cepwin View Post
    I did a test putting a strip of paper under the "not so safelight" for perhaps 1 minute. Put it in developer and sure enough...black everywhere but the clothespin that was lying on it. So I do need to get a proper safelight.
    You can simply buy a sheet of Rosco gel in Medium Red (under $10) and replace the old filter. Most of the older filters will literally melt in water, so you can scrape the glass clean and add a new piece of gel. One 20x24 sheet will fix many safelights.

More info here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 27.jpg  
    Parker Smith Photography, Inc.
    Atlanta, GA

Commercial & Fine Art Photography
    Portrait Photography

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Unfortunately Parker It's a simple colored lightbulb...there are no filters. However, I found a light they sell at B+H that is should be perfect...it's designed for a home darkroom and isn't very expensive:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...ight_with.html

Shooter
    Large Format
    That’s a red filter for orthochromatic papers. It’s not safe with Ilford papers. Ilford specifies a “brown” S-902 filter that’s similar to the Kodak OC amber filter. See page 1 here:

http://ilfordphoto.com/Webfiles/2011427105150454.pdf

Here’s the same safelight with the correct filter for Ilford and Oriental papers:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...ight_with.html

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    OK...I think I have the right thing....I tried to ask B+H but the CSR was not trained in this area..however reading the ilford document and poking around a little more I understand why the amber is the correct one. The nice thing about this model is if I need Red later on I can buy the filter separately and change it. What makes this a little confusing is they both say "for B/W darkroom processing" or something to that effect.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin