Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,228   Online: 867

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkasha View Post
    Here you go, Simonh82:

http://www.adorama.com/LMESJ.html

You probably don't like in America, but at least you know the lamps do exist for your enlarger, so you can start looking for them.
    Be careful: Only US and Canadian models designed to operate from 120V mains use the 82V/85W lamp in the link.

If you have a model with a 230V transformer you need a 12V/100W lamp. Probably a good idea to get confirmation from someone that owns a 6700, but if it's the same as my 7700 then the one you need is A1/231. These are widely available, £5 from Maplin last time I needed one.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks everyone for the further contributions. Leigh, I printed on grade 3.5 because it was a fairly flat negative and when I scanned I had upped the contrast a bit to get the results I liked.

David, I absolutely take your point about possible flashing the paper causing fogging, but I am fairly confident that this didn't happen. This was a brand new box of paper and the sheets were still tightly stacked on top of each other. The black liner was opened, but then the box lid was resting on top of the liner pushing the opening closed. The light was on for a few seconds before I realised and switched it off. I had also turned the paper over in the box so the emulsion side was face down. After this happened I developed the top sheet and as mentioned there was only a tiny bit of fogging on one edge and it didn't extend into the sheet at all.

My safe lamp test was essentially creating a test strip but with just the light of the safe lamp. I did this at minute intervals over 10 minutes and the strip came out completely white with no fogging at all.

Bill, I will certainly look in to an ND filter, I wasn't expecting to have to use one, but that is probably just lack of experience. As Smudge said Ctein's test showed lenses were sharpest at 1-2 stops down from wide open. I've read through Ctein's book (not cover to cover) and am also using Tim Rudman's - The photographers master printing book, which i'm finding very useful. The lenses the enlarger came with were two 80mm and two 50mm, so unfortunately nothing longer.

Stan and Arkasha thanks for the info on bulbs. I've a Maplin nearby, so hopefully they will have what is needed, if indeed it is needed.

I've got a weekend away now, but hopefully i'll be able to set everything up again next week. It's not put me off, just confused me!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin