Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,488   Posts: 1,644,772   Online: 851

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Test strips

Shooter
    35mm
    I've usually used test strips, sometimes I've cut 8x10" paper into a couple of 5x7s and used what was left as test strips. Or I cut a whole piece into strips... if I can't tell from the test strip whether I'm 'there' or not, I've cut whatever size piece of paper I needed for the particular photo. (Or I just figure what the h... and go ahead and use a whole piece of paper and see what I've got.)

I don't know if I'd make smaller sized strips to be able to use less paper/save money, but I've cut smaller strips when I was running out of paper and didn't want to stop what I was working on! or had gone thru my last pack of paper faster than I thought.
    Sharon

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I used Gene Nocon f-stop system for years until RH Designs produced the Stop Clock Professional an F Stop enlarger Timer. When I got used to using that I could never see myself going back to any other type of printing. I also have the Zone Master II by the same company. But through all the changes I could never eliminate the use of test strips. I find them a comfort to know that I'm nearing the best print that I can make.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I normaly use a third of a sheet as test strips. I use 1/3 sto between the strips.

Test strips are much better thane some kind of measurement: i have always a piece of a real image and se what I'll get.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    35mm
    Paterson made a device that took paper up to 5x4 to make test strips. It had 5 'fingers' which could be used to block off light to the piece of paper being used. I normally use Kentmere fibre for my better prints and buy a 12x16 box because this works out cheapest. However to avoid cutting down a big sheet I also have a box of 5x7 which I either cut into 2 or 3 pieces and use that. I very rarely use more than a complete sheet of 5x7 to make a decent 12x16.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin