Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,735   Posts: 1,515,431   Online: 1118

Shooter
    Multi Format

Printing Full Frame 4x5 and Pol Type 55, Help!

Ok, I'm rackin my brain trying to figure this one out. Short of buying a 5x7 enlarger, has anyone out there come up with a way to print (enlarge) full frame 4x5 and Polaroid Type 55 negs on a 4x5 enlarger (Omega D5)? I tried using an old Kodak 5x7 glass carrier but ran into problems of vignetting from what I suppose is the limitations of the boundaries of the opening in the Super Chromega D head. The condenser head is worse. Anybody come up with a workable modification, or am I just fighting a battle of physics? I am really tired of having to contact print my type 55 negs, then scan the print to then enlarge digitally! Grrrr.... Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mark

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    i have a filed out 4 x5 negative carrier that works and also a 4 x 5 negatron that helps.however, this using a beseler 45 not an Omega D5.
    Last edited by ann; 12-13-2004 at 03:40 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: sp

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Hi Mark

try sandwiching the neg between two pieces of glass and physically moving the sandwich until you no longer see the vignetting,
    This way you can get the neg dead nuts in the center and you should avoid the cutoff.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What focal length lens are you using? Less than 150mm may be part of the problem.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie
    Hi Mark

try sandwiching the neg between two pieces of glass and physically moving the sandwich until you no longer see the vignetting,
    This way you can get the neg dead nuts in the center and you should avoid the cutoff.
    bob, you beat me to it!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by glbeas
    What focal length lens are you using? Less than 150mm may be part of the problem.
    Gary, I think you may have hit the nail on the head. I thought about this as I was posting the message. Using 135mm but I have a 150mm as well. Just can't try it right now cuz I have misplaced the lens plate for it (oops!). I probably just need to break down and buy a new lens plate.

As for the other suggestions, The 5x7 carrier I am using is a glass sandwich that I can finesse to center. Maybe this will all work when I can mount the 150.

Regards,
    Mark

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin