Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,708   Posts: 1,482,883   Online: 1049

Shooter
    Medium Format

more wiese technik info please

hello,
    after my new info from the thread on diffusion enlarging (thanks bob, ldh) i tried to make some print trying the technik of split printing and using diffusion on either the high or the low filter. it works really great, i love this and now i am a junkie. i also looked at larry wiese website and i like very much his work. my prints didnt look so much like his but i like this new technik and i would like to know more details about mr. wiese technik. with prints i made for black diffusion i selenium toned and they were very striking. when i am looking at his work he seems to maybe be doing some kind of tray bleaching or bleaching in smaller areas as well, i dont know really, anybody know more about his technik in specific.

katja

ldh

Shooter
    Pinhole

Larry Wiese

Ciao Katja,

Lenswork has a number of articles on Larry Wiese and his work...dont know if they break down his technique in detail...you might also try to contact him through his website...from what I understand he is a very approachable man and has been an educator for years. I doubt he would be secretive about his technique...keep messing with different combinations of diffusion and split grade printing, also remember that f/stop on the enlarging lens also effects the nature of the diffusion...you can also try even splitting up the hard or light exposures into two: one with and one without diffusion.

Hodne stesti
    s ledem prosim

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin