Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,234   Posts: 1,532,934   Online: 1033

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

I just want to say....

I just want to say, I spent 2 hours in darkroom perfecting my print. I think I got it..... only to realize my negative is UPSIDE-DOWN! GAAAAAHHHH!
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tkamiya View Post
    I just want to say, I spent 2 hours in darkroom perfecting my print. I think I got it..... only to realize my negative is UPSIDE-DOWN! GAAAAAHHHH!
    But does it look better that way round?

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Been there done that!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Does it really matter?

Shooter
    35mm
    Flip it over and print again> however if there is complex shading and dodging that is a different matter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, it does matter. Amazingly, some image flipped around gives quite a different impression. Reprinting now....

It did matter quite a bit more today because I'm short on paper supplies.

There's quite a bit of dodging and burning but they aren't all that complex. The only difficult part is.... the motion now has to be reversed. You know, once you get going, they become automatic? That now will have to be the other way around...

swish, swish, shake, shake, swish.....

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    I no longer take pictures of tattoos with any sort of writing...LOL
    * Just because your eyes are closed, doesn't mean the lights in the darkroom are off. *
    * When the film you put in the camera is worth more than the camera you put the film in... *
    * When I started using 8x10, it amazed me how many shots were close to the car. *

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Once in awhile I make a negative that just needs to be printed inside out. I am a firm believer that if you keep a light touch and give the negative room to breathe it will reveal how it wants to be printed.

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a shot that's now titled "If I only had a Rose" as a tip of the hat to the song "If I Only Had a Brain." The first time I printed it, I flipped it. Then, once I'd realized it and tried to redo it, I eventually discovered that the contrast filter I'd written down was not entirely accurate as I'd had two filters in the drawer for that flipped print. I don't want to think about how many pieces of paper got wasted. And to top it off, it's originally a color neg and I decided it looks much better in color.
    This did lead to my always leaving the filter drawer open when I'm done to signify I've checked that it's empty - no more double filters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin