Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,856   Posts: 1,582,977   Online: 1055
      
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,301
    I'd drill a couple of holes near the edges of the back panel, across from one another and clamp a couple of bolts in a vice so the ends fit in the holes and use either a strap wrench or a pipe wrench to "unscrew" the outer shell. Or maybe just one hole right at the edge and use a prybar to lever up the back panel if the two holes didn't work.

    Edit, you try heating the back panel on the edges with a torch to soften the glue.
    Bob

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    7
    Thanks again for the ideas Bob-D659. I'll try this and when I get access to some sort of dremel or a drill.

    The torch option would be the last one as I fear heating the lens too much.

    I'll post my results in case someone (although highly unlikely ) is looking to do the same on his Durst plate.

  3. #13
    ic-racer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Midwest USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    6,383
    Looks like that Latub was already buggerd by removing the bottom and gluing on a threaded plate. If you don't have a Durst enlarger and just want the lens, try popping out that glued on piece. Looks like it is just held on with epoxy. Or perhaps saw it off around the perimiter. Once you have the lens and the threaded plate out, you can probably just unscrew them by hand.

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    7
    I think you're right ic-racer, that's what came out after all my questions to many professionals.

    At first I asked myself how they could have screwed the glued piece without any handle or piece to rotate it.

    Like I said, I'll try to burn the epoxy if the drilling doesn't work out.

    Thanks for all your help !

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    7
    I finally did it

    After trying many methods and removing the glue (epoxy, araldit ?) the thing wouldn't disassemble.
    So I took a hammer and a screwdriver and gently tapped in the "space" between the silver ring and the black cylinder until I could tear the ripped cylinder off. It was really glued so well that it wouldn't disassemble until I teared the whole parts away.

    Here is a pic of the parts.

    Many thanks to all of you !Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20121121-00214 - Copie.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	148.5 KB 
ID:	60028

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,301
    Congrats, that was not fun, but at least you now have a useable lens.
    Bob

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin