Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,783   Online: 903

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

DURST LATUB help how to remove lens

Hello,

I have bought a EL-Nikkor 50mm f/2.8 mounted on a DURST LATUB.
    I can't find any information on how to remove the lens from the LATUB.

Does anyone have a guide or hints on how to accomplish this ?

Many thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    EL Nikkors usually have a 39mm male thread and just screw into a mounting plate. Most LATUB's are threaded as well, so just reach in grab the lens and unscrew it counterclockwise if there isn't a retaining ring on the outside of the tub.
    Bob

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi, thank you for your answer.

However, it seems to be difficult to unscrew it, first because I can't hold it right in this small space and second because I fear destroying the aperture ring by unscrewing it.

Here are some pics of the thing.

Thanks again !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG-20121114-00194.jpg   IMG-20121114-00195.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Can't tell from your first pic if the lens body is flush with the back of the tub or not. Yes they do get tight, the tub is aluminum, so try blasting it with a hot hair dryer for 15-30 seconds to heat it up, that usually helps.
    Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Have you removed the inner tub with the two tabs on the front? Pretty sure that screws into the outer tub.
    Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have had a lot of success heating lenses to remove stubborn lens rings etc.

Shooter
    35mm
    The problem is that I can't find a way to hold the inner tub...
    I really don't understand which part holds the lens because the part on the back is much smaller than a M39 thread...

I also tried to unscrew the three small screws but it seems to only hold a small plastic inner plate against the lens.

Is there any exploded view of this available somewhere ?

Here are two other pics, I did my best because I have no macro lens...
    Many many thanks for all your help and any additional hints
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FSD_0744_web.jpg   FSD_0746_web.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Those screws (and the oblong slot) are part of the lens (just verified on mine). In your picture I can see the mount threads just to the outside of the plate that contains the 3 screws.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well there is more than one size of LATUB, and more likely more than that many configurations. That inner part with two ears extending out the front should turn. Also on some latubs the rear panel with the hole unscrews from the body. It looks like yours was turned down on a lathe as Durst would have never let there be a big shiney surface below a negative. So maybe that panel unscrews from the outer body.
    Bob

Shooter
    35mm
    bdial, thanks, this is a very helpful hint as I didn't know if I had to get the part with the screws off

Bob-D659, thanks for the comments. You are certainly right about the rear panel. It seems as it has been fixed with glue. I am loosing any hope to get this lens off as I tried all your tips.

I wonder if I could saw the cylinder off without harming the lens... will probably try that.

Thanks again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin