Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,786   Online: 821

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    One minor 'caveat': for left handers like myself, we like to work from right to left. - David Lyga

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The "sliding glass door" might be a bit of a problem no? I'm a big fan of pocket doors in darkrooms. They're easy to light proof, take up no space and never get in the way. But glass? maybe not...

Layout looks fantastic. I prefer working left to right in the darkroom, so the space left of the enlarger acts as a great staging area for paper safe or the pile of neg pages for proofing.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yes, the sliding door is the one problem. I'm going to see if a darkroom blind will work, but I wonder about the seal at floor level.

I'm left handed, but since I'm converting a study with benches/draws only 3 years old, I'll have to make do. In the kitchen I tend to go left to right with my cooking, so we will see.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    As I mentioned above the dowel sticks and blackout material have worked well for me for over 35 years. You could also consider the black plastic garden sheeting. I used that in a similar way to black out the two windows in my darkroom. It is pretty heavy and you could use a double layer. The nice thing is it can be placed or removed in a minute and when rolled up on the dowels like a scroll takes up little storage space. Make it long and wide enough to more than cover the door. The sides can be secured with self-stick Velcro.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My only concern about the corner is having enough room to slide a large easel to the left or right when the walls might get in the way with the easel back against the column base.
    Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How about attaching the enlarger to the back of the counter top or to the wall and cutting a square out of the counter top so you can lower the easel to multiple positions for bigger prints? This is featured in examples of home darkrooms shown in the Kodak darkroom construction book.
    All paths are the same: they lead nowhere. Choose the one that has heart.

Don Juan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin