Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,899   Online: 941

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Color enlarging

RPC

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    When I printed color, I never touched that cyan dial on the color head. What the hell they put it there for?
    I often needed it when I printed slides.

RPC

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by macandal View Post
    That sucks. Is there a particular reason for this or is it just a case of that's the only thing available?
    Fiber based paper would take longer to process, wash and dry. How would you benefit from using it?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RPC View Post
    Fiber based paper would take longer to process, wash and dry. How would you benefit from using it?
    I never said I would benefit from it. When doing black and white, I never liked RC paper. I liked the feel of fiber paper. It felt like a real print. And it didn't take that much longer as it did with RC. To me, there's nothing like fiber based paper.
    --Mario

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by macandal View Post
    To me, there's nothing like fiber based paper.
    I could just say "tough, there's only RC" but I won't. I can appreciate why people feel that there's something special about fibre but in colour you may find that RA4 is not so inferior. I cannot explain it but with RA4 it never seemed to me to be just B&W RC with colour added.

Unlike RC B&W where in most cases glossy seems to have the edge, I always found that lustre was the better surface.

Forget the fact that's it's RC just give it a go with an open mind. You might be surprised

pentaxuser

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin