Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,707   Posts: 1,548,542   Online: 1006

ath
    Shooter
    35mm

Zonemaster II: transferring calibration

Hi,

I use a Zonemaster II enlarging meter and have done several calibrations for my LPL enlarger. Now I got into posession of a Durst L1200 with CLS501 head. The LPL uses Kodak filter values which are the Durst values *1.5 (acc. the Durst manual).

I'd like to use my LPL calibration on the Durst as well (this would save me work and calibration space on the zonemaster). In theory I just would need to dial in 100 on the Durst when I had to use 150 on the LPL.

What confuses me is the fact that the calibration manual of the zonemaster recommends filter values for LPL/Kodak and Durst (130) but the values are far from beeing a factor of 1.5 apart.

So my question is: has anyone transferred calibration from one colour head to another? What's your experience? Did it work?
    Regards,
    Andreas

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    nobody?
    What about using RA-4 papers with different enlargers? Has anyone experience with that?
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Why don't you try it both ways and see which works best.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin